Mission Summary and Team
Monday, 28 April 1941
At the Farm
- Overnight, Simon was able to dig a five foot cube beneath the floor of the basement. He heard the sound of something coming outside and noticed that the sun had risen.
- He sees a horse-drawn cart bearing a woman and two men. Simon goes to the front door. At the sight of him, the woman jumps from the cart and runs to embrace him. Marie Claire introduces herself as Simon’s sweetheart. Her companions are the first resistance people to come for training (Millard Duhamel and Talon Sciverit), and they will stay at the farm as farmhands in case the Germans come around.
- She starts making small talk and interrupts Simon to ask why he has accepted her so easily. He replied that he knew things about her. She chided him for being so accepting.
- She offered him a note from Yves verifying what she told him and informing him that Marie Claire has a dead drop if they need to communicate. The note also said that Simon should be careful not to reveal the different cells to each other. Marie and her two colleagues were a cell and they would depart before the next cell came for training.
- Millard and Talon joined them in the house. Simon explained the plan, and they set to continue the digging of the tunnel.